The Dodge — In the time it took you to read that, approximately one second, the new Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has already accelerated to 30mph. After 2.3 seconds, it reaches 60mph. In 5.1 seconds it’s already doing 100mph. And in 9.65 seconds, the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon covers a quarter mile, reaching 140mp along the way.
Yup, this thing’s fast!
Dodge is claiming a lot of “-est” with their new Challenger SRT Demon:
- Fastest quarter-mile production car (9.65 seconds at 140mph)
- Fastest 0-60 production car (2.3 seconds)
- Highest g-force acceleration of any production car (1.8g)
- Highest horsepower V8 production car engine ever produced (840 horsepower)
- Largest functional hood scoop of any production car (45.2 square inches)
The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon also claims a lot of firsts:
- First production car with a TransBrake
- First production car with a liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
- First production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane fuel
- First production car with a front passenger seat delete
- First production car to lift the front-wheels while accelerating
That last stat is probably the most impressive. When you launch it at the drag strip, the acceleration is so intense that it will actually pull a wheelie and lift the front wheels off the ground as it fights to move the car forward.
Here’s what that looks like in action:
Dodge is only going to sell 3,000 of the Challenger SRT Demon, so if you want one, you better hurry down to your local dealer and get your name on the list, because as they say, these things are going fast.